Sunday, April 15, 2012

Lose It!


I have struggled with my weight my whole life. It is a very personal and sensitive issue that I have had to deal with. I have tried so many different diets that always seem to result in me gaining all the weight back and then some.


The best results have come from holding myself accountable and keeping track of everything I ate. I have done this on and off for the past two years. Although I haven't lost a significant amount of weight, I have lost and kept it off.

About a month ago my dad discovered this great App called Lose It! After putting in your height, weight, goal weight, and weekly weight loss goal, it calculates how much calories you can consume in a day and how long it will take to reach your goal weight. It has a huge database of different foods to choose from to help keep track of your daily calories.

I love it!

And you can add friends! Of course you can't see their weight, but it shows how much calories they ate that day, any weight they lost or gained, and you can comment on their progress. It really helps to keep me accountable when I know I have friends and family watching my progress.

My initial goal was to just put EVERYTHING I ate and drank (even if I ate horribly bad). I feel like I now have that down and now my goal is to stick to my allotted calories for the day.

I started working out last week and not only do I feel better, but when I add that to my activity for the day, it actually gives me more calories to eat! SCORE!

I really want this to be a part of the rest of my life. I want to be able to do whatever I want whenever I want and not be held back because of my weight. I want to feel like a beautiful bride and wife, when that time comes. I want to be a good example to my children someday and be able to run and play with them.

I know losing weight will be something I will have to fight for every day, for the rest of my life. I just hope I won't give up the fight this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment